Sunday, October 01, 2023

KLSCM 2023 - Painful Run

It has been 4 years since my last full marathon. This Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon 2023 just ended on 1 October 2023 and reminded me of how much I hated running 42km and the pain that goes with it. No matter how hard you train, it still hurts. Maybe I did not train enough. Maybe I did not fuel enough. But it does remind me of what I need to do to make sure the next one won't be as painful.

The 6th Full Marathon (42km) was completed today at the Standard Chartered KL Marathon. What started as pace management became pain management at 30km onwards till the end. Off-target time by 25 minutes. But the journey here made it all worthwhile.

Notable note: A man passed us at the 30+km, looked over, smiled, and said, "I'm 77". Well, that was inspiring, and hopefully will still be able to do marathons in the 70s.

Time: 5:37:22

I will be back at month's end to do this again. We shall see! Stay Tuned.

No comments: